Golden in color with light bubbles. The nose is nice with peaches and orange peel. Slightly frothy. Lower acidity. Pleasant but indistinct on the palate. Slightly bitter on the finish. This will drink better with food. Drink now.
This is a very nice Prosecco from northern Italy. These have become trendy in recent years for drinking on their own and using in cocktails. It comes in an attractive shaped curved bottle. Pale, silvery gold in color, clear and bright. There is a fair amount of medium sized bubbles giving the wine a nice frothiness. Aromas of peach, and green apples. Slightly sweet. On the palate, this has green apples, and orange zest with good acidity. A bit of bitter almonds on the midpalate turn to a long green apple finish. This drinks well on its own and will work well with cheese or eve lig
From the heart of Prosecco country in northeasy Italy, this is a serious Prosecco. Made from 85% Glera with the remaining 15% other varietals. Pale silvery/gold in color. Lots of smaller bubbles. The nose has minerals and Vernors soda (sort of carmelized ginger and seltzer). It has a bigger presence. Ginger and mineral notes, slightly candied. Not tart, but well balanced. Almost dry. Long finish. This drinks well on its own but will work better with food. Fried chicken would be a nice choice. A real crowd pleaser.
This is a sparkling wine from northeast Italy. It comes in an attractive packaging with a clear bottle. Silver/green with a bit of white gold in color. There is a nice mousse with a stream of medium sized bubbles. It has a very nice nose with lanolin, lime, soda and also a bit of peach. On the palate, this is very refreshing. At 11% abv, it is lively with nice energy. The lime/lime soda qualities carry thru to the palate with a nice crispness. Solid finish. This is made to be drunk now and in the next year or two. It will work well on its own and also with a pasta in cream sauce.
This comes in an attractive bottle showing "Romeo & Juliet's Wall" where "5,000 love messages" are left daily. The wine it self is light green/gold in color. The nose has a nice minerality with lemons. A nice mousse of medium sized bubbles. On the palate, there is a moderate fizz. Slight lemony notes with good minerality. Nice acidity. The wine comes off as dry with no noticeable residual sugar. It has a long finish. Very fresh. This is a tasty wine that will work for most foods or on its own. It has some depth to it and is more than just a simple quaff. It probably should b
Everyone knows this label but how many people have actually tried it. This was served to a group of casual wine lovers and proved to be very popular. Very, very pale silvery gold in color. Almost like water. The nose is nice but it did take about 20 minutes to open. Minerals, slight peach and slight ginger ale. On the palate, this is dry with nice minerality. It starts out tight but picks up on the mid-palate. Slightly sour in a good way on the long finish. It really begs for some salty food. For $10, this is a nice value.
Light silvery golden in color. A nice head of medium bubbles. On the palate, this has nice pears and minerals. Mostly dry on the palate. Nice acid aand minerality. A bit of pears. Nice finish. A good inexpensive bubbly for parties and using as a base for mixed drinks.
Light golden in color. A nice frothy head of medium sized bubbles. The nose is nice with pears and slight minerality. On the palate, this is dry. Minerals. Easy to drink. At $15, this is also easy on the budget. A nice choice for holiday festivities. 100% Glera grapes.
Light silvery gold in color. The nose is nice with mostly pears but also some lemons and nice mineral undertones. A fair amount of medium sized bubbles. On the palate, this is slightly sweet. It drinks easy. The lemon carries thru along with slight minerality. Very food friendly. Easy drinking, not complex but enough to stand up with food. Good end of the day/start the evening wine.
Kirkland is the in house brand for Costco. They contract out a wide variety of wines and many of them including this one are very good and great values. This sells for $7.Silvery green and gold in color. A modicum of medium sized bubbles. The nose is reticent but with minerals and limes/green apples. It opens with a bit of air but is never strong. It is better and stronger on the palate. Clean. Just a hint of sweetness, just barely. Good acidity. Good finish. This is food friendly and easy to drink. Made for immediate consumption, for $7, this is a no brainer for parties and coo