In a valley replete with still winemakers, Domaine Chandon represents a (relatively) unique opportunity to opt away from the cabs and chards and pick up a slim glass of sparkling wine. As one of the oldest sparkling wine producers in the Napa Valley, now owned by the luxury good conglomerate LVMH (that's Moet Hennesy Louis Vuitton), it wears an air of regal elegance. From the light-filled, sleek tasting room to the well-manicured landscaping and graceful stone sculptures that adorn the grounds, a stroll through this complex yields a feeling of refined serenity. And for those who want to learn about the art of sparkling winemaking, there are daily 30 minute tours, as well as private tours and tasting that can be arranged on request.
- Those seeking a one-on-one Q&A with a local winemaker
- People in a hurry
- Typical Napa Cabernet or Chardonnay
- Sparkling Wine!
- Art Enthusiasts
- People who want to learn about the methods involved in making sparkling wines
- Group or Corporate Events
- Couples, friends and groups seeking an upscale dining experience; Chandon boasts an on-site restaurant: Etoile