Roche Winery is one of the first wineries you encounter on Highway 128. It resides near the semi-famous Infineon Raceway. The winery itself has barn-like feel to it and they truly embrace the idea of being a "ranch" winery, even offering horseback tours of the vineyards. Roche has a very laid back and relaxed feel to it.
Picnic tables exist and Roche would be ideal for small groups looking for a quiet picnic spot. Public tastings are offered.
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
Not good for:
- People looking to buy food with their wine.
- Large events.
- Anything elegant.
- Guided winery tours.
Particularly good if you are seeking:
- Good Pinot Noir or Chardonnay.
- Horseback tours to soak up the outdoors.
- Small place for a quite, relaxed picnic.
- An easy-to-find winery (if you can't find Roche, turn around and go home).