Scenic and beautiful with the ubiquitous smell of lavender permeating the grounds, Matanzas Creek Winery is a "must visit" for people looking for a great -off the beaten path- tasting experience.
Not good for:
- Group or blanket picnics.
- Event hosting.
Particularly good if you are seeking:
- Great Chardonnay and Merlot.
- Lavender. Matanzas grows lavender on the grounds and is home to a massive lavender garden. Plenty of lavender products -soaps, lotions, etc- available for purchase.
- Food and wine pairing. Matanzas Creek offers private food and wine pairings (Call ahead).
- Tours are offered twice per day for approximately a dozen people at a time. Reservations suggested to ensure a spot.
- Matanzas is scenic and beautiful. Off the beaten path from the normal wine tours, this winery is worth the extra drive time.