Chateau St. Jean is a "must visit" stop on any Sonoma wine tour. As its name implies, Chateau St. Jean has a majestic, stately feel to it. Nestled at the base of a mountain side with beautiful gardens and impressive architecture, it is an ideal place for wine lovers seeking a picture-esque tasting experience.
Chardonnay, Award Winning Bordeaux Blends, Cabernet Sauvignon
Not good for:
- Dogs. Your furry friends are not welcome.
- People seeking production facility tours. They do offer tours of the grounds and the vines.
- A wine barbecue. Chateau St. Jean is an elegant place rather than a casual place. There are other places more fit for the smoky wine barbecue.
- Kids. It's on the elegant side so kids may find it boring.
Particularly good if you are seeking:
- Great Bordeaux Blends, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Terrior Tours. They offer guided educational tours of the grounds, the vines, etc. Not the production facility though.
- Great place to host a wedding, a corporate event, or a large group function.
- Good for blanket picnics or large group picnics.
- Food and wine pairing. They offer an impressive charcuterie in the tasting room with plenty of specialty meats and cheeses to pair with your wine.