Benziger is a must see destination spot for people planning a Sonoma winery tour. Beautiful, with a "Garden of Eden" feel to it, Benziger offers just about everything you can want in a winery experience with great wines, beautiful gardens, grand views, bio-diversity, hourly tours, picnic grounds, and even a playground for the kids. Bus friendly as well.
Organic and Biodynamic winegrowing practices
Not good for:
- Hard to find fault at Benziger but it isn't particularly ideal for a cozy blanket picnic. There are spots for it but there are so many people there that it will be tough to find privacy.
Particularly good if you are seeking:
- Biodynamic wines (no better place for nature lovers or environmentalists)
- Good Chardonnay.
- Amazing beautiful grounds. Not overly manicured, just a place that strives to embrace and preserve nature.
- A place to take a guided wine tour.
- Kid friendly with a playground and a small bird zoo to occupy the kids.
- Picnic grounds exist. Good for small or large group picnics.
- Large barbecue exists for those planning a wine barbecue (call to coordinate usage).
- A place to take your bus tour of wine country.